Thursday 15 March 2012

Jet Lag Kicks in and the Moutai kicks me!


We all got up early and eagerly for the car journey to Happy Valley Theme Park, a new, massive Disneyland style tourist attraction (those who know me will know how enthusiastic the prospect of this made me) about 40 minutes outside the city.  As we set off Sen started complaining of feeling unwell and by the time we arrived at our destination, which was truly ginormous and very very very new, Sen had become very tearful and so we turned round and headed back to Zhuzhou!  The jet lag had hit him.

We chilled out at home and watched DVDs and Sen was introduced to “The Life of Brian” he loved the ‘weelease woger’ sketch!

After lunch I had to give a presentation to 150 students at Hunan University of Technology, Deb and Sen came with me and got to see me at work! It wasn’t my most enjoyable presentation as the students had been forced to attend on an afternoon when there is usually no need for them to attend classes and were therefore less than attentive!

Evening dinner was a meal with the Bin Chens, the Yandi Teaching team and parents of a prospective student at their fabulous restaurant, the food was fantastic and the Moutai was flowing. There was clearly an agenda to get me drunk as the Moutai flowed mainly in my direction, my glass being topped up while my attention was elsewhere.... an agenda that was successful, I have total memory loss of the end of the night although, thankfully, I’m told I continued to behave impeccably until I fell off my bed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate any feedback so please feel free to comment in any manner you wish.